Wednesday 14 October 2009

Tranquility

On 18th May 1991 Room 6 DJ's were due to play at Tranquility in London.

Unfortunately the rave had no licence. Myself and a few others met at the services on the M2 and followed the lead in the convoy who knew where it was. It appeared that he had no intention of keeping the convoy going and drove like an idiot losing everyone. I ended screeching round corners so much trying to keep up that one of my tyres burst.. I don't think anyone from our convoy made the venue. Some of my freinds who had gone up earlier made the venue but the police arrived and shut it down before it started. Sadly this was in the days before mobile phones were common place so we had no idea where it was.

Thought of the night...... Should have gone to Dance 91 at Pickets Lock..


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if that was the one that me and a few others made. I remember getting split up from you and Louise, who I think was with you. I made it there with Steve, Sam (Steve's girlfriend) and Jon, and we either went in my mini or Jon's Fiesta...although I may also have had a fiesta at this time. If this is the one I am thinking of, Adamski came and sat with us to skin up, and I think Pete Tong was on stage! Saying that, it could have been a completely different one altogether. I remember driving like loons from telephone box to another to get the next location. Again, if it is the one I am thinking of, I still have the tinnitus that I got from standing next to a 20ft high speaker!! The police raided it and I remember thinking the dogs barking was part of one of the tracks... tee hee

    ReplyDelete